Sunday, August 24, 2008
So there is a lot of talk in the VBS camp about our dislike of Barack Obummer. What's a progessive to do? When our two party system continues to be a complete joke, who can we turn too? Well, since we hate to just complain with no solutions Violent Bullshit will endorse a candidate for President. Vinnie fucking Stigma.
YES WE CAN vote for the guitarist of Agnostic Front. I hope he picks Freddie Madball as his running mate.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
I have spent a few late nights with our drummer, Dils, watching this video over and over again. The whole thing is amazing- keep your eyes peeled for Vinnie Stigma trying to rationalize Agnostic Front lyrics (hi-lar-ious), and how cute Jimmy Gestapo is (awwww). Name as many hardcore luminaries in the audience as you can! It's as fun as it is sad! One day these brains of ours will be full of something useful....one day.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
So some idiot decided to film our show with Cheeseburger and put it online. So in interest of full disclosure we're going to share it with you. Keep in mind Bernie Mac just died, we were drunk, it was our fourth show, and Colt 45 sponsored it (hence all the jokes at their expense). Here's a few goals for VBS in the next few months:
1. Buy tuners
2. Don't be so drunk
3. Learn the songs we are playing live.
4. Fuck it
Part 1 : Toshi learns the basics.
Part 2: Drink up focus groupies!
Part 3: It's not a tye-dye it's fire from a dragon and distro jokes.
Part 4: Dedicated to all the superfans and a need for tuners.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Went to see Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell (sabbath w/ Dio), Motorhead, and Testament on Sunday with Penry and the WOWCH brothers and oh man was it ever good. Here's the run down:
1. Motorhead- Sorry Lemmy, every song sounds exactly the same- good thing that one song fucking rips!
2. Heaven & Hell - I'm shocked that people still dislike the Dio era Sabbath. Those records are great and he still sounds AMAZING! Only downside to their set is that Dio took away the crowds beach balls like an angry old lady, they didn't play Neon Knights, and Dio looks exactly like my friend Eric's Mom.
3. Judas Priest- So, so good. Even though they opened with Nostradamus off their new record and their stage set up look like Insane Clown Posse set pieces covered in tribal tattoos they still sounded great. Halford rode out on a motorcycle for the encore! But sadly no "Ripper."
4. It cost $10.
5. No Beer. How is that legal?
6. We were so inspired we started a band at the venue. It's called Dame Judy Dench (The Band). I let you know when I figure out how to play drums- I guess waving the sticks around in the air isn't "proper playing." We've got a 5" coming out on Slap-a-Ham in October.
Big weekend here at Bullshit HQ. Chesseburger show was a huge success-also way drunker than a grown man should be. But what are you my mom? Don't judge me. So I ended up in a kiddie pool yelling about pubic hair at 7am-no biggie. We've got some fun September shows lining up-Freshkills record release party (no girlz allowed) and WOWCH/What's Yr Rupture Pizza Party at Cake shop. Nice one us.
Friday, August 8, 2008
We get to play with Cheeseburger this weekend. Spoiler alert! It's gonna be good. If you aren't sure about it then maybe you'll change you tune when you realize how famous we are. See you in hell Heath Ledger we're the new jokers in town (or something). Read this.
Then come to this:
SAT AUG 9TH