Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Have You Done For Me Lately?


Ok you guys, I know what you're going to say.  It's been a long time since I blogged and rolled or whatever but listen I can't force magic to happen.  Magic is as magic does and so on and so forth.  I just try and capture that magic in a bottle and then drink it down and let it pour through my fingers for my loyal fans.   The thing is Magic doesn't come around as much anymore and when he does he usually just needs money.  These are tough times for everybody so don't judge Magic too harshly, plus he has AIDS. BOOM! Nailed it! Ugh...see what I mean? This blogging thing just isn't working out for me lately.

Here's what's been happening.  We've played a few shows that have been fairly demoralizing.  For example we played for free at the really lovely Music Hall of Williamsburg with our good buds Love as Laughter.  As you can see above they misspelled our name on the marquee to make us sound homophobic or like a shitty 90's band (same thing) and then pointed to the sign below and sent us around the back (although Dils didn't see the sign and went through he front door making him basically the Rosa Parks of hippies.)  This whole event sent the entire band into a deep drug bender shame spiral which lasted through the entire week to our next show at the decidedly unlovely Don Pedro's where we truly fell apart and Dan Mitha went missing for 3 days.  We finally found him passed out in front of an abandoned Wu- Wear store in Staten Island.  The whole thing was a mess...we need to regroup people and regroup we will!

We are getting back on the excellence horse this Thursday with forever buds Children at Glasslands for FREE!  Colt 45 you fucking idiots. 

WED AUG 10TH!

LULLABY ARKESTRA
CHILDREN
VIOLENT BULLSHIT

Free entry and free delicious and culturally responsible Colt .45!  I'll bet the CEO of Colt 45 curated this line up himself.  I think is name is Terrible P. Murder. RSVP here!




No comments: